Image credit: http://rlingo.info/
If you were to ask your students to write a short essay, but which topic you are unsure of, you have found the right post on short essay topics that will help you come up with the best one to instruct your learners with. Check out the following tips and let’s get started with a list of short essay topics for you.
Asking Students to Write Short Essay Topics
Asking your students, like elementary or secondary students, to write a short essay is one of your goals as a teacher, but choosing which topic to let them write is hard. First of all, you have to remember that a short essay could be between 120 and 150 words and sometimes even higher than this word count, depending on the topic to ask them to write.
List of Short Essay Topics
People and society
- What is your ideal boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What is a good friend for you?
- Talk about your relationship with your parents
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having siblings?
- What do you think is the role of women in the society?
Hobbies and health
- Describe your community
- Describe the importance of playing sports or staying active
- Describe the importance of healthy eating
- What is the importance of having leisure time or engaging in a hobby?
- Discuss your favorite subject
- Describe your favorite teacher
- What for you is a good school?
- What is your favorite extracurricular activity and why?
- Describe the importance of pocket money or having money
- What would you want to be in the future?
- What for you is a good career?
- Importance of learning another language
- Talk about holiday with friends versus with family
- What for you is a perfect holiday?
- Describe a country or place where you have spent a holiday
Just for your information, we have a few great topics on short essays for kids, so feel free to review them.
There you have quite a couple of suggestions on short essay topic ideas that you can make use of per category. When choosing a topic, make sure that it is what your learners can be interested of talking about. Perhaps, you can make them choose from a few topics to write about.